Monday, June 11, 2007

About damn time

Damn its been awhile since my last post, but during these last couple months I have seen little or no need to drag on about my life. True, I have probably left the one or two of you that actually read this hanging in a state of despair and utter curiosity, but you can't expect anything more or less from me. Alas however, I have come in search of an audience in which to vent, ears in which to hear my words, and possibly some advice in order to help me along my way.

Despite popular belief, I'm not that big of an idiot. I know exactly what you all want to hear, but quite frankly why would i give it to you now thus causing you to skim the rest of my life like it means nothing? Trust me, we'll get to her when we finish.

Glancing upon my last post, it occurred to me that we have a lot to catch up on. First off, I have a vehicle. Now this may not be news to some of you, but to the rest of the class it is. A small Chevy pickup truck, in which i barely fit, is what I'm driving these days, but for the 500 dollars i paid for it, its quite reliable. Hasn't failed me yet as I drive the freeway day in and day out for 20 minutes each direction in order to get to work. Yes, I still work my dismal but slightly satisfying job at the Home Depot. I still do nothing more than push carts, and become everyones' little bitch, but hey...money is money at this point in the game. The big bucks come as soon as we pass Go, collect our 200 dollars, and have another go at college.

Speaking of the home depot, I finally got my forklift license. True, every lot guy and cashier we have loathes the fact that i went out of my way to achieve this small goal of mine, but what do I care. Deep down it brings me joy to know that I am doing all that I can to spite them. More importantly I did this to be closer to my mystery girl, and to give me another excuse to be out in her department. Now as of late, it has become more of a burden on myself than an aid to be with her. I am now even more of a slave bitch to every god damn person that ever before, and I find that the continuous acts of bitchery are slowly wearing on what little patience I have for this place.

For those of you paying attention, I did use the term lot guys as a plural statement. Yes, we have more than 2 lot guys at our beloved Home Depot. One of our new guys happened to be my room mate back at BSU, and lets face it...I talked to whoever i could to get him hired. At first, hiring my friend Stretch might have been a good idea, but slowly and surely I find it being more of a mistake than anything.

Now for those of you who decided to skip the rest of my little shpeel, this would be the time to stop scrolling. STOP!!! Ok, now that I have your attention, lets talk about my increasingly beautiful mystery girl. Now I'm sorry to get anyone;s hopes up, I have still yet to confess how I feel about her. However, leave it to Stretch to help out. One of the main reasons I regret helping him get a job with me at the Home Depot was that he knows too much. He knows everything about my mystery girl, because I confided in him of course. Him and her taunting me with jealousy aside, he made the biggest mistake he could have possibly made short of actually asking her out himself. He told her everything.

She knows. She knows how I feel, how long I've felt this way about her, basically everything about me. After knocking me on my ass like he did, he helped me back up with this little bit of info. Upon revealing this information to her, he asked her if she was going to do something about it now that she knows, to which she responded "No. I'm going to let him make a move on his own terms". However now she waits.

As of tonight, she has known now for a full week. Thanks to my ability to start confessing, but never actually finishing, she knows that I know she knows. It has been a full week, and I have yet to confess how I feel about her, even though she knows. Needless to say its been a much different week than normal. And of course, thanks to our good buddy Stretch every fucking person at the Home Depot knows about us now. With all the gossip that flies around that place they really outta rename it Home Depot High School. But that's beside the point. Really it makes no difference, except for the weird looks i get at work when I'm with her, and the constant "Why don't you just grow a pair and ask her out already?" Its something you get used to pretty quick surprisingly.

No comments: